DIY Holiday Décor Ideas on a Budget
We’ve made it easy to create your own sophisticated holiday décor looks on a family-friendly budget! We’ll show you how to make Christmas decorations that will bring a sense of pride and joy to your home this holiday season.
DIY Cake Stand Centerpiece
Our simple, rustic DIY Cake Stand Centerpiece will bring a homey holiday charm to your dining table all season long.
1. Start with a clear glass cake stand. Bonus points if you can incorporate a cake stand that’s been passed down over the generations! Place a clear fluted glass vase on top of the stand. Sprinkle faux snow around the cake stand and inside the vase to give the illusion of freshly fallen snow.
2. Next, carefully loop a garland of faux pine foliage the glass vase. We carry great evergreen garlands decorated with pinecones and berries! Nestle an LED candle in the center of the snow and foliage.
3. Finally, finish off your centerpiece by placing a few decorative pinecones and ornaments around the base as desired. We chose burlap-wrapped ornaments for a rustic look, but you can customize your centerpiece by choosing ornaments from one of our holiday collections to match the rest of your holiday décor!
Quick Foliage Arrangement
When it comes to do-it-yourself holiday decorations, nothing is simpler than a festive seasonal foliage arrangement. Our Silver & White Holiday Centerpiece DIY project can be easily personalized to fit your own aesthetic.
1. You’ll need one vase or vessel, a nice-sized pile of fresh-cut or artificial evergreen branches, and a handful of decorative picks or pinecones. Flocked pinecones and glittery silver picks give our arrangement a snowy wonderland feel!
2. Place the largest greens and picks into your vase first, then fill in with your pinecones or decorations of choice. This arrangement looks great at the center of your casual holiday table, or it can round out your fireplace mantle décor.
String Light Canvas Art
Looking for a challenge? Nobody will guess that you made this Joy accent art piece by yourself! You’ll need some basic art supplies and a box of string lights to complete this project.
1. At a craft store, pick up a square-shaped white art canvas and tubes of acrylic paint in white and red, or your color of choice.
2. At home, the first step is to paint the canvas in a coat of red or the color of your choice. Once the paint has dried, use a stick of chalk to carefully write the word “joy” evenly on the canvas. When you’re satisfied with your lettering, paint over your letters using two coats of white paint.
3. Let your canvas dry completely, then use an ice pick or another sharp tool to puncture the canvas with evenly spaced holes along your painted letters. Finally, carefully poke each light bulb on your strand of lights through the holes in the back of your canvas. Plug in and enjoy the warm glow!