What We're Doing to Safeguard Against the Coronavirus
Information updated July 22, 2020
We're all about living big and saving lots.
We are now requiring face coverings in all stores.
- Because the health and safety of our customers and associates continues to be our top priority, face coverings will be required in all Big Lots stores across the U.S. starting Wednesday July 29.
- We are happy to provide masks to customers who need them.
- As an essential retailer, we closely monitor the state of the COVID-19 pandemic. As our country continues to see spikes in cases, we are committed to doing our part to keep our communities healthy. This new policy is an extension to our requirement that all Big Lots associates wear face coverings while in-store.
- Currently, more than half of U.S. states have government mandates in place requiring face coverings in public spaces. Our stores in those states have been complying with local mandates.
- We will have updated signage in all stores and provide complimentary masks at the door as needed.
- We are closely following the CDC recommended guidelines and are continually evaluating our store protocols to create a safe environment for all.
- Wearing a face covering is a small thing we can all do to help us get back to the big things
Customer safety in and outside our stores
- 6-foot social distancing continues
New maximum occupancy limits are now in place in all stores. The limits are based on store size and count both customers and associates. Occupancy limits will be displayed in the front window of all stores and will be regulated by store management.
- There are sanitizing wipes near the carts and hand sanitizer at the registers
- Curbside pickup is available for online orders is available during daylight hours
- Order on biglots.com
- When it’s ready, pull up to the store and call inside
- Stay put, and we’ll bring it out to you
- Two associates will come out and assist with loading, but will not enter or touch your vehicle
- If associates are not available, you may load your merchandise by yourself or with help from a passenger. (We understand this may be an inconvenience. Thanks for your patience as we all do what we can to keep everyone safe during this time.)
- We’re following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations for regular cleaning as one of the most important preventive measures
- In some areas, we have adjusted our store hours to follow state and local restrictions.
- All stores are adhering to a 24-point cleaning protocol.
- The first hour of each day is reserved for our senior citizens and anyone who is vulnerable to this virus
- For your safety and convenience, in addition to Curbside pickup, we now offer Same-Day Delivery on 1000s of items – from food and cleaning essentials to furniture and mattresses. Check out BigLots.com for more information.
The safety and health of our associates in our stores, distribution centers, and corporate headquarters is paramount. As such, we are:
Insisting that our associates stay home if they feel sick and we’re providing resources to feel comfortable with that decision
Working closely with Dr. Peter Matos, MD, a global emerging infections expert and former military physician, to evaluate our health and safety efforts including curbside pickup and social distancing; enhanced cleaning and safety protocols; daily app-based health screenings for all associates; and Infra-red thermometers in all of our distribution centers to take associates’ temperature.
Encouraging associates to closely monitor their health before coming to work
Associates are now required to wear masks while in-store.
Associates temperatures are taken prior to beginning each shift.
Following all stated curfew guidelines
Providing daily app-based health screenings for our associates in all 1,400 stores
Installing infra-red thermometers in all of our distribution centers to take associates’ temperature and determine if anyone has a fever — one of the early warning signs of infection