Our Continuing Safeguards Against the Coronavirus
Information updated August 5, 2021
Customer and associate safety, inside and outside our stores.
We’ve modified our mask policy based on new guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding vaccine effectiveness.
Based on the most recent guidance from the CDC and our team of medical experts, we've deemed it necessary to reinstate our mask requirement for all associates. Beginning August 5, all associates (vaccinated and unvaccinated) are required to wear a mask when inside one of our stores. Additionally, we strongly recommend customers wear face coverings but won’t require it except where mandated by the government. As the situation improves, we’ll revisit whether to focus the masking requirement on high-transmission areas only.
In addition to wearing a mask, here are some simple things you can do to help keep yourself and our stores safe:
- Practice proper social distancing.
- Practice good hand hygiene. Sanitizing and washing your hands often prevents the spread of germs and helps us all stay safer and healthier
The well-being of our associates remains our top priority. We continue to rely on our team of medical consultants and experts as well as guidance from the Centers for Disease Control to help us make decisions and protocols that protect our people and the business. We’ll provide further guidance soon as we learn more about the current COVID situation in each part of the country.
Current increased cleaning protocols and safety measures in all stores and distribution centers will continue as follows:
- Maintain 6-foot social distancing
- Occupancy restrictions are lifted, based on state mandates
- Regular cleaning continues, based on CDC recommendations
- Regular evaluation of store protocols continues, to maintain a safe environment
Please check back here or contact Big Lots customer care for the most up-to-date information.